17 March 2020
Dear Holdsworth Community,
An update for Holdsworth Community from our CEO, Ruth Kestermann
At Holdsworth the health and safety of our community is a priority. Based on the most up to date advise from the Department of Health, and to ensure we protect our community from Coronavirus (COVID-19) all group programs will be cancelled until 31st March 2020, effective immediately.
- Gaden Café,
- After school and Weekend programs,
- Social and Wellbeing group programs,
- Dementia support group programs,
- Playgroup and parenting support programs,
- Group transport and Bus Hire.
This decision hasn’t been made lightly; we know many people in our community rely on our support. Please know, these social distancing measures are temporary and the safest way we can reduce the spread in our community at this time.
The following support services will continue and will be expanded to meet demand:
- Home Cuisine – MOW delivery
- Individual Shopping
- Individual Transport
- Home Care Package Support
- Home Connect
- HomeShare Support
- 1:1 NDIS Supports
- NDIS Support Coordination
Please reach out if you or someone you know needs additional individual support at this time.
While some of our programs and premises will be closed over the next two weeks, we are still open and available. If you have concerns or questions, please contact us via email on email@example.com or phone 02 9302 3600. We are always happy to chat about other, safe ways we can support you during this time.
We understand this is a worrying and confusing time for everyone, and we want to acknowledge the incredible efforts of all our employees and volunteers who are working incredibly hard to support our community. All employees will continue to receive pay and benefits during this period.
In the meantime, we will continue to ensure all of our employees and volunteers are following strict hygiene guidelines recommended by the department of health, including practicing safe working distances and adhering to additional cleaning protocols.
We will be updating our social media channels regularly with tips and ideas on safe practices, connecting while being socially distant and additional support during this time. Please visit www.facebook.com/holdsworthcommunity
For now, here are some preventative actions you can take to minimise the spread of respiratory diseases as advised from the Department of Health:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the rubbish bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
For the latest coronavirus advice, information and resources, please visit www.health.gov.au or call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have concerns about your health, please speak to your doctor or call “000”. For questions about testing or the welfare of people with the virus, contact the NSW Department of Health on 1300 066 055.
Please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 02 9302 3600 if you have any questions or concerns.