What's the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and how can Holdsworth help?
This month we break down CHSP and how you can access services at Holdsworth.
At Holdsworth, most of our services are primarily funded by the Australian Government, and you need to be registered with My Aged Care.
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) is a government subsidised programme that supports older people who are still managing well at home but need an extra helping hand with everyday tasks that require low-level support.
If you are eligible for Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) services, you will make a contribution to your provider to support the delivery of your services.
At Holdsworth, we do our best to keep these contribution fees at a minimum, and reduce the financial impact on your day-to-day life.
From time to time, we review our prices and slight increases occur to ensure we can continue to employ high calibre staff and deliver a quality service. For our latest CHSP price list click here.
The first step: The My Aged Care process
- Think about the services or support you might need. Our dedicated Community Care team can help you with this if you are unsure.
- Get in touch with My Aged Care and arrange an assessment. A representative from My Aged Care will come and visit you for a chat about your needs and what services might be helpful.
- After the assessment, there are a few program options. This might be the Commonwealth Home Support Program or the Home Care Package program
- Arranging services under your program
- If you only need some light assistance around the house, transport or maybe connecting with social activities, you will be offered funding under the Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Now you can choose a provider, such as Holdsworth, to receive these services
The second step: Accessing CHSP services at Holdsworth
Wellbeing classes to help you keep fit and active (with gentle chair exercises) and cognitive games. Various times and classes across Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, tailored to your individual needs. Find our latest schedule here.
Our friendly drivers will support you to get to medical appointments, to the supermarket, or on a social outing with one of our groups.
Meals & food
Our friendly team of Home Cuisine staff and volunteers will support your nutritional needs with fresh and frozen meal deliveries or individual shopping on your behalf.