27 March 2020
An update for Holdsworth Community from our CEO, Ruth Kestermann
Over the past few weeks, life has certainly changed dramatically for us all. This is an unprecedented time for everyone and we are focused on ensuring we continue to put our community first and support you as best we can. Following the Department of Health advice, and to ensure we continue to protect our community, all our group programs will remain closed.
• Gaden Café,
• Children’s playground,
• After school and weekend programs,
• Social and Wellbeing group programs,
• Dementia support group programs,
• Playgroup and parenting support programs,
• Group transport and Bus Hire.
Please know, that while some of our programs and premises are closed, we are still open and available.
The following support services have expanded to meet the increase in demand:• Holdsworth Home Cuisine (ready made meals delivered to your door)
• Individual Shopping (groceries delivered to your door)
• Individual Transport (door to door medical transport)
• Home Care Packages (in home support & case management)
• Home Connect (in home visits for people living alone)
• HomeShare (supported, mutually beneficial living arrangements)
• 1:1 NDIS Supports (individual support in the home or community)
• NDIS Support Coordination (help to make the most of your NDIS plan).
Our team has also been working hard to developing new, safe ways we can stay connected with our community. We have introduced new ‘virtual’ programs online as well as telephone supports. Although we are physically distant, we don’t have to be socially isolated from each other.
We are really excited to connect, reflect and share with you in new and different ways. Visit our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/holdsworthcommunity) or call us on 9302 3600 to find out more.
I want to acknowledge the efforts of all Holdsworth staff and volunteers who are working incredibly hard to continue to support the community. We will continue to invest in them as much as we can.
All our staff and volunteers are adhering to the strict hygiene guidelines recommended by the Department of Health. We are following safe visiting practices by maintaining safe working distances with additional cleaning protocols.
We realise this is a worrying and challenging time for many people, particularly those who may be living alone or with limited connections close to them. Holdsworth can support you or someone you know with regular phone calls during this time. We can make sure people who are isolated have what they need, or we can simply set up a regular chat.
Please get in touch to set this up or refer someone to us. Thank you all for your ongoing support – I know we will come out the other side of this pandemic a stronger, more connected community.
If you have concerns or questions, please contact us via email on email@example.com or phone 02 9302 3600. We are always happy to chat about other, safe ways we can support you during this time.
Please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 02 9302 3600 if you have any questions or concerns.
Ruth Kestermann CEO
• For the latest Holdsworth Community updates, please call us on 02 9302 3600 or visit www.facebook.com/holdsworthcommunity
• To arrange regular phone calls us with, contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9302 3600.
• For the latest coronavirus information and advice, www.health.gov.au or call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• If you have concerns about your health, please speak to your doctor or call “000”. For questions about testing or the welfare of people with the virus, contact the NSW Department of Health on 1300 066 055.