$36-$40 per hour (including casual loading) + super
About the role
With lockdown restrictions set to ease and increased demand for 1:1 support work, we currently have a rewarding opportunity for Casual Support Workers to make a difference in the community.
This position is focused on delivering person-centred activities to older people, including people living with dementia and people living with a disability. The work is all close by to each other and you will have a very supportive team to work with, in which you will have opportunities for debriefing and mentorship.
Shift times can vary in length, typically from between 2-5 hours (Monday-Saturday), with a minimum of 3 hours work across the day.
This role would be ideal for someone who demonstrates the following:
- Minimum 1 year of experience of direct 1:1 support work;
- Skilled at providing personal care, medication administration and assisting people with complex support needs;
- Ability to interact positively with participants, their carers, families and the wider community
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team as well as independently;
- Ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations;
- Passionate about supporting people in the community;
- Ideally 6 months’ experience within a similar role or relevant qualifications;
- Driver’s Licence; and
- Own car, with full comprehensive insurance.
Does this sound like you?
For any questions or to submit your application, please contact